Here is how the project went:
It went well, as we were able to get concrete data to write a report on. This data could be used as a start in determining the safety limits of any product using a Li-ion rechargeable battery as long as the charge and discharge rates are known.
Through this project I/we learned:
I learned how useful our new technologies and computer science can be for modeling problems we face to find solutions. Without a digital way to code for the Li-ion battery situations, we would not be able to complete this project. It would be extremely dangerous to run a device until it reaches its maximum capabilities, so PyBaMM and Google Colab were extremely helpful in that sense.
What I/we might change:
I would definitely try to do more trials. We only simulated the temperature levels of a Li-ion battery for an iPhone, Tesla, and MacBook Air Pro, but our data could be improved if we did a larger variety of devices and maybe even different types of rechargeable batteries.
My/our favorite part of this project was:
My favorite part of the project was definitely analyzing the research to find successful results.
Some tips, tricks or fun facts about the project:
Coding a simulation is a little difficult at first, but it just takes some practice! And Google is always there to help.