Teresa Steinmeyer McKillop posted an update in the group
The Little Things 5 years, 4 months ago
I’m interested to know where everyone is located! This group is based in Jupiter, Florida, USA but of course anyone is welcome to join. If you are active with Roots and Shoots (or seeing this via email and want to become active) please comment with a general location (no specifics please, for safety). I’d like to get a better idea of where we all…[Read more]
Teresa Steinmeyer McKillop changed the description of the group
The Little Things from "Our group knows that little actions, little steps and little things matter! We will work together to share ideas, come up with challenges, and conduct activities to make our daily lives, our communities and the world as a whole a better place. Every person can do one little thing to make a big difference!" to "Our group knows that little actions, little steps and little things matter! We will work together to share ideas, come up with challenges, and conduct activities to make our daily lives, our communities and the world as a whole a better place. Every person can do one little thing to make a big difference! Check out "Projects" to take part!" 5 years, 4 months ago
Teresa Steinmeyer McKillop posted an update in the group
The Little Things 5 years, 4 months ago
Hi Little Things Group members! I’ve just posted our latest project! – https://rootsandshoots.org/projects/citizen-science-everyone-can-do-it/
We’ll be exploring different ways to get involved in the exciting world of Citizen Science! You can join from anywhere in the world! Hope to see you on Zoom!
SilviahWilliam joined the group
The Little Things 5 years, 4 months ago
Amstrong joined the group
The Little Things 5 years, 4 months ago
Welcome to the group Armstrong! Thanks for joining! Would you like to share a topic you are interested in or a project you are working on?
I am interested in conservation. Creating awareness and sensitizing communities in endangered species as well as plant conservation. More to that I have been involve in some plastic pollution awareness campaign as well as beach clean up.
I am interested in conservation. Creating awareness and sensitizing communities on endangered species of Animals as well, as plant conservation. More to that I have been involve in some plastic pollution awareness campaign and beach clean up.
Thanks for sharing! What sort of things have you done for your plastic pollution awareness campaign? I’d love to hear some ideas!
Teresa Steinmeyer McKillop posted an update in the group
The Little Things 5 years, 4 months ago
Project Update: We recently trapped the community cats living on our street. They were spayed/neutered, given vet treatment and then released back where we found them! I’m happy to announce that three kittens were fostered to be given a chance to socialize and become accustomed to indoor-only life. They have since been adopted!
If you’re…[Read more]
Monica M Carr joined the group
Save the Animals 5 years, 5 months ago
Grace posted an update in the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 5 months ago
Happy Earth Day! 🌏🌱🌳✨
Grace posted an update in the group
The Little Things 5 years, 5 months ago
Happy Earth Day! 🌏🌱🌳✨
Happy Earth Day Grace!! Did you celebrate in a special way? We had a recycled material planting project! We cut soda bottles in half and made self-watering planters for kitchen scraps like lettuce cores. It was fun and resourceful!
Oh nice! I drew some pictures of the earth to raise awareness on earth and environment issues.
EcoPact posted an update in the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone! Glad to see that there are so many new members joining! This week’s weekly idea is to use more eco-friendly cleaning products. A lot of the chemicals we use to clean are actually really toxic, and when we wash them down the drain (such as if you were cleaning a shower) they can pollute the Earth by going into rivers or other drainage…[Read more]
Veda Murali joined the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Elise Cheung joined the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Elise Cheung joined the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Buna joined the group
The Little Things 5 years, 6 months ago
Claire joined the group
The Little Things 5 years, 6 months ago
Annia joined the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Adrian joined the group
The Little Things 5 years, 6 months ago
EcoPact posted an update in the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 6 months ago
Sorry we haven’t had a weekly idea/challenge in so long! This week though we finally are getting back into the swing of things.
WEEKLY IDEA #5: Make your voice heard
Is there a company that you really like to buy things from that uses too much packaging? Or a tea company that doesn’t use compostable tea bags? Maybe a product that unnecessarily…[Read more]
Adrian joined the group
Save the Animals 5 years, 7 months ago
Kai joined the group
EcoPact- A Kid’s Environmental Society 5 years, 7 months ago
Hello! Oh that’s cool! I live in Palo Alto, California.
Hi Grace! I have family in California. I’ll need to look up where Palo Alto is in relation to them. I haven’t been since I was a little girl so I don’t have too much memory of it. But I think I’d like California!