Membership on the National Youth Leadership Council is a serious commitment of time and energy.
If selected by the membership committee, you must agree to:
- Learn the Roots & Shoots model of service learning and the traits of a compassionate leader.
- Serve as virtual and in-person trainers and mentors to Roots & Shoots members around the globe.
- Contribute to social media features, blogs, and regularly reply to and comment on posts by members.
- Lead and participate in special
projects and campaigns.
- Assist with Roots & Shoots fundraising efforts.
- Promote Roots & Shoots resources and campaigns through your networks.
- Serve a one-year term on the Council, January-December (renewable up to 12th grade).
- View and respond to Council emails a minimum of twice per week.
- Attend and participate in meetings. Meetings are held via webinar twice per month, approximately one hour in duration.
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours per month on your individual projects, campaigns, committee work, and events.
- Participate in regional Roots & Shoots and collaborator outreach, events, conferences, and campaigns, including presentations to members, schools and partners.